INMAT and Local Academy Committee
INMAT is governed by a trust board made up of trustees who are also known as non-executive directors. Trustees are appointed by the members of the trust or are co-opted onto the board. They have a wide variety of skills and experience and work to ensure children are always put first, in line with our vision and values. You can find out more about the work of the trust board and the trustees here.
Governors at Wollaston Primary School
The local academy committee (LAC) acts as a committee of the trust board at local level. Governors are people with a passion for education who have a connection to the school and who want to make a positive contribution to the pupil experience. Governors must be over the age of 18.
The work of the LAC is governed by the trust scheme of delegation which you can find here.
Governors meet termly. They offer challenge and support to the head teacher, set strategic direction, and monitor and evaluate school performance. They also monitor safeguarding arrangements and are the local link for parents and others in the local community.
If you are interested in exploring the role of school governor, please email email@example.com.
The local academy committee at Wollaston Primary School takes an active and supportive interest in all aspects of school life.
Whilst the Head teacher is responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the school, the LAC are involved with overseeing the curriculum, pupil welfare and supporting the school at a strategic level.
The role of LAC is to help the school provide the best possible education for their pupils by:
- Setting the school’s values, Vision and Strategic Aims.
- Agreeing the school’s plans and policies and making creative uses of resources
- Monitoring and evaluating performance, acting as a critical friend to the Head teacher to support and challenge them in managing the school;
- Ensuring that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, to its local community, to those who fund and maintain it, as well as to the staff it employs.
We are fortunate to have a dedicated team of governors who are actively involved in the life of the school.
The current local academy committee are drawn from a wide cross section of the community, and consist of the Headteacher, representatives from the Local Authority, parents, staff and members of the local community. When the term of office of a parent governor comes to an end, elections take place to replace them.
If you wish to bring any matters to the attention of the Governing Body, you should address your correspondence to: Chair of LAC, c/o Wollaston Primary School, College Street, Wollaston, Northamptonshire, NN29 7SF. Alternatively you can email her on Sharon.Toyer@wps.inmat.org.uk
WOLLASTON COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL LOCAL ACADEMY COMMITTEE
- Mrs Sharon Toyer –Chair of LAC Co opted member
- Mr Tom Hodson - Co-opted member
- Mrs Zoe Richards – Headteacher
- Mr Phil Robinson – Staff Governor and Assistant Headteacher
- Mr James Vian – Parent Governor
- Mrs Sarah Silsby – Parent Governor
- Daniel Scully - Co-opted Governor
- Hannah King - Safeguarding Governor and Co-opted Governor
- Mrs Maria Page - INMAT Clerk
To contact the clerk please email: firstname.lastname@example.org