INMAT and Local Academy Committee
The local academy committee at Wollaston Primary School takes an active and supportive interest in all aspects of school life.
Whilst the Head teacher is responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the school, the LAC are involved with overseeing the curriculum, pupil welfare and supporting the school at a strategic level.
The role of LAC is to help the school provide the best possible education for their pupils by:
- Setting the school’s values, Vision and Strategic Aims.
- Agreeing the school’s plans and policies and making creative uses of resources
- Monitoring and evaluating performance, acting as a critical friend to the Head teacher to support and challenge them in managing the school;
- Ensuring that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, to its local community, to those who fund and maintain it, as well as to the staff it employs.
We are fortunate to have a dedicated team of governors who are actively involved in the life of the school.
The current local academy committee are drawn from a wide cross section of the community, and consist of the Headteacher, representatives from the Local Authority, parents, staff and members of the local community. When the term of office of a parent governor comes to an end, elections take place to replace them.
If you wish to bring any matters to the attention of the Governing Body, you should address your correspondence to: Chair of LAC, c/o Wollaston Primary School, College Street, Wollaston, Northamptonshire, NN29 7SF. Alternatively you can email her on Amisha.Patel@wps.inmat.org.uk
WOLLASTON COMMUNITY PRIMARY SCHOOL LOCAL ACADEMY COMMITTEE
- Mrs Amisha Patel –Chair of LAC (Co opted member)
- Mrs Nicky Higgins (staff member)
- Mr Tom Hodson (Co-opted member)(safeguarding governor)
- Mrs Maria Painter (staff member)
- Mrs Zoe Richards – Headteacher
- Mr Phil Robinson – (Associate member and Assistant Headteacher)
- Mrs Jess Sturman Coombs – (Co-opted member)
- Mr James Vian – Parent Governor
- Mrs Sharon Toyer – Co-opted Governor (vice chair)
- Mrs Sarah Silsby – Parent Governor
- Mrs Sinead Stafford – Clerk